Parking Registration Currently open to Returning Students Only
Freshman Parking begins Aug. 24th.
Registering your vehicle
Burman University Students, faculty, and staff operating and parking their vehicles on campus must register their vehicle during the registration process at the beginning of the academic year. Any vehicle arriving on campus after registration week must register with Campus Security within 48 hours of arrival. Successfully registered students, faculty, and staff will receive a campus parking permit. The parking permit must be placed on the rearview mirror, visibly displayed at all times while parked on campus. Failure to do so will result in a $50 fine.
If the parking permit is lost or damaged beyond use, the owner of the vehicle is responsible for purchasing a new permit from the Facility Maintenance building. The charge for a new permit can be waived if the owner of the vehicle brings the damaged parking permit with him or her at the time of obtaining a new one.
If a vehicle is sold or a new licence plate is obtained, the owner must notify Campus Security. This has to be done within 48 hours.
The use of a motor vehicle on the university campus is a privilege and not a right. This privilege may be suspended at any time, at the discretion of Burman University administration, because of scholastic or citizenship probation, or because of parking or driving citations.
- General Parking: $50.00
- Reserved Parking with no plug-in: $75.00
- Reserved Parking with plug-in: $125
Residence Hall students will receive a parking permit for a reserved parking lot. They have the option of reserved parking with or without a plug-in. Commuter students will receive a parking permit for general parking lots.
Keep scrolling for more information about parking lots, parking permits, parking violations, and more.
Types of Parking Permits
General Parking: This allows you to park in specific parking lots generally used by commuter students. The cost for general parking is $50.00+gst for the year.
- Lakeview Hall Parking: These are stalls with power provided reserved for residence of Lakeview hall. These are limited and are provided on a first come-first served basis. If there are additional spaces available after the second week of the semester, they can be purchased by non-resident students. The cost for LVH parking is $125.00+gst for the year.
- Maple Hall Parking: These are stalls without power reserved for the residence of Maple Hall. These are limited and are provided on a first come-first served basis. If there are additional spaces available after the second week of the semester, they can be purchased by non-resident students. The cost for Maple Hall Parking is $75.00 +gst for the year.
- Riverton Hall Parking: Both powered and non powered stalls are available for the residence of Riverton Hall. Both are limited and are provided on a first come-first served basis. The cost for a powered parking stall is $125+gst and non powered is $75+gst for the year
*Individuals that have General parking tags must park only in general parking lots. If you have a Maple hall, Riverton Hall or Lakeview Hall parking tag, you are permitted to park in general parking as well.
Visitor: Any regular visitor to Burman University will be asked to get a visitor parking pass or temporary parking permit. These are available at Facility Maintenance, or you can pick them up at various offices around campus.
Students: All students of Burman University or Parkview Adventist Academy are required to register their vehicles. When you arrive on campus, it is your responsibility to register your vehicle within 48 hours of arrival. To register, go to the Security office at facility maintenance building. You will need to provide your vehicle information including make, model, color, driver’s license and Vehicle license number.
Faculty/Staff: It is your responsibility to register your vehicle within 48 hours of arrival. When you come in to register, you will be asked to provide your vehicle information including make, model, color, and license plate number. After providing this information, you will be assigned a parking lot. Please remember to follow the parking regulations as you will be ticketed for improper parking.
Campus Parking Lot Locations
Parking Lots Enforced at All Times
- C Lot (Cafeteria and Library Parking)
- Lakeview Hall (Residence)
- Maple Hall (Residence)
- Riverton Hall (Residence)
- Disabled Parking
- Fire Lanes
- No Parking
Parking Lots Reserved Monday to Friday from 5 AM to 5 PM
- E lot (East side of Chan Chun Science Centre)
- D lot (Rear of Chan Chun Science Centre)
- O lot (West of Marking and Enrolment)
- G lot (South of the McKibbin Centre)
- B lot (North of the Administration Building)
- L1 lot (West side of Parkview Adventist Academy)
- F lot (North of College Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church)
- All visitor parking
Unreserved Parking Lots
- K Lot (in front of the ABC Christian Store and the Department Outward Pursuits)
- J lot (west of College Heights Christian School)
- H Lot (PE Centre)*Restricted parking may be enforced during special events.
The university does not assume responsibility to furnish electricity for car block heaters. The university does not assume responsibility for any damage, vandalism, theft or any other complications which might arise while motor vehicles are on campus.
When you are using your vehicle or leave it parked on Burman University property, you are agreeing to follow the parking policies outlined by the school. When parking on campus, please park only where your parking tag permits you to park. Parking anywhere else can result in a Vehicle Violation. These Fines are as follows:
- Parking in the wrong lot
- Parking in handicap parking without a handicap tag visible
- Parking in or blocking Fire Lane
- Parking on campus with an unregistered vehicle.
- Parking on Campus with your tag not visible.
- All vehicle fines to an unregistered vehicle.
If you receive a Vehicle Violation, you have 1 week to come to the Security Department at facility maintenance to discuss the ticket you have received. After the 1 week period, the charge will be processed on your student account.
Motorcycles, Quads, and Snowmobiles
Motorcycles are to be ridden only on well-defined roads. Burman security personnel will answer questions concerning trails or roads for cycles. Snowmobiles and quads are not to be ridden on campus property.
RV’s or Camping trailers
All RV’s, Camper trailers or tents brought onto campus for the purpose of staying in while on campus must be cleared through facility maintenance. You will be directed to an area where you can park or camp while you are here. Please note, camping is normally permitted during special events only, but every request will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Also, anyone needing to bring oversized vehicles, or vehicles towing a trailer on campus temporarily should call facility maintenance before arriving or come to the security office located at facility maintenance before parking on the campus property. You will be directed to the correct parking area for your vehicle..