Campus Ministries (CM) is a student-led organization, coordinated by the University Chaplains Pastor David Benjamin and Pastor Ted Deer. Campus Ministries seeks to provide opportunities in five key areas:
- Personal Spiritual Growth - helping the Burman Community discover and develop a vibrant, personal relationship with God.
- Corporate Spiritual Awareness - increasing the awareness of God's presence and action in the Burman Community through corporate spiritual experiences in both small and large group gatherings.
- Corporate Social Interaction - developing greater appreciation for and share experience among the variety of cultural and sub-cultural expressions within the Burman Community.
- Experience in Service - providing opportunities to discover, develop, and exercise a passion for service through social interaction, volunteerism and community service, and Christian witnessing opportunities, both on-campus and in local, regional, and international communities.
- Experience in Leadership - working with students to discover and develop skills in Christian leadership that will continue to serve them beyond their time on campus.
Campus Ministries provides ministry opportunities, programs and events in five core areas of the Christian life:
Providing volunteer opportunities to build relationships with and to help others. Current opportunities are:
- Serve Lacombe
- Soup Kitchen (Third Sabbath of the month)
- Sunshine Bands
Providing support, encouragement and opportunities to share the gospel of Christ and the message of Adventism with others.
- Bible Studies
- KIDS Church
- Native Ministries (Weekly)
- Prison Ministries
Helping those who have made the decision to follow Jesus, grow to be more like Him and to be involved serving Him. The opportunities are:
- Sabbath School - Lakeview Hall Lobby at 10:30 am
- SURGE (Spiritually Uplifting Real-time God Encounters)
- First semester - invited guest.
- Second semester - Student led
- Spotlight Series
- Small Groups - Weekly
Expressing our love to God by remembering His loving acts, offering Him our adoration and praise and living a life of worship.
- PowerUP (Every Tuesday at 11:00 am Ad Building Chapel)
- Vespers (Friday evening at 7:30 pm - College Church)
- Afterglow (Following Vespers)
- IGNITE at (Saturday 11:45 am - College Church)
- Drama Ministries
Connecting eager Christian volunteers with mission opportunities:
- Summer Mission Trip
- Urban Mission Trip
- Spring Break Alternatives: Service Trip
- Student Missions
- Office of Volunteer Missions - the official Missionary Volunteer website for the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America. Based in the denomination's Office of the Secretariat, they carry out the responsibility of networking the leadership of many volunteer ministries, linking Adventist churches, schools, and supportive organizations toward common goals in outreach.
- Adventist Frontier Missions - a Seventh-day Adventist Christian lay ministry dedicated to establishing church-planting movements among people groups with no Adventist presence.