Scholarships - Music
President's Award for Outstanding Musicianship (renewable)
This award recognizes musical excellence and achievement during your secondary school studies. Award amounts will range between $250 up to $2000 per academic year. The award may be received and renewed for up to 4 years (For a 4 year degree).
To receive this scholarship you must:
- Have initial admission into Burman University and be a first-year, first-time student.
- Complete the music application in your incoming year
- Submit references (provide this link to additional referees as needed - i.e. a music director or teacher)
- Register for 12 academic credits each term
- Register each fall and winter term for either credit or audit in the Music Department's Choral Union, Chambers, Band or Orchestra or for participation in Ubuntu with verification from the Music Department.
- meet renewability criteria to receive the award for two or three additional years.
If you are a Royal Conservatory student, you must have:
- initial admission to Burman University and
- submitted a minimum score of 85% on a Royal Conservatory Grade 10 practical exam or minimum score of 90% on a RC Grade 9 practical exam.
Total 4-year Award Amount: $8,000, or
- submitted a minimum score of 75% on a RC Grade 10 practical exam or minimum score of 80% on a RC Grade 9 practical exam.
Total 4-year Award Amount: $4,000.
Need Additional Info?