Scholarships - Eligibility and Claiming Awards
Eligibility Entrance Scholarships:
- A student must have initial admission to Burman University without any previous post-secondary transfer credits or degrees; and
- Submit an application in their incoming year and, if applicable, request and submit a reference by the deadline.
- Provide a Social Insurance Number prior to claiming any award.
- Quebec students with a Level 5 diploma, and if applicable one year of CEGEP, are eligible for Entrance Awards. Level 5 coursework can be used for percentage calculations.
Claiming Entrance Scholarships:
- A student must register at Burman University for and successfully complete a minimum 80% course load per term (12 credits excluding PLAR and Audit Credit) for each fall and winter term during the school year except where noted in the scholarship criteria
Valedictorian, Nursing & National Merit Finalist Award are exceptions and
require a minimum 100% course load each term (15 credits).
- If a student withdraws to less than the minimum course load required Entrance Scholarships will be reversed for that term and will affect the future renewability for these scholarships.
- All renewable scholarships are awarded 50/50 between the fall and winter terms.
- The renewal period shall not exceed the length of the student's degree program.
- 3 year degree = up to 6 semesters of scholarship eligibility
- 4 year degree = up to 8 semesters of scholarship eligibility
- A student’s status year of entry and/or meeting scholarship deadlines will also impact the number of terms a scholarship is available for renewal.
- A student must meet renewability criteria to receive the scholarship. The renewal period will not be extended for any reason.