Who we are
We are a team of individuals passionate about the academic and personal health and wellness of the students of Burman University.
Here at the Sakala Success Centre, it is our aim that every student who walks through our doors is met with support, understanding, and compassion, and leaves us having found assistance, answers, personal tools, and above all else, hope.
What we believe
- We believe that every person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect
- We believe that every person is the authority on their own life, and our role is to support
- We believe in creating a judgement free environment where students can authentically be themselves
- We believe wholeheartedly in the call to practice our craft ethically
- We believe in confidentiality (within the ethical boundaries of our field)
- We believe in equality
- We believe in our students
Tamara van Rensburg
MA Intern - Social Work