President’s Award for Superior Academic Achievement
This scholarship recognizes superior academic achievement during your secondary school studies. It awards 100% of tuition in Year 1 and is renewable for up to 4 years (for a 4 year degree). This scholarship rewards graduates of Canadian, US, Bermuda, and Bahamas high schools who:
- Are first year, first time students, and
- Have a Burman Admission Average of 93% or 3.72 GPA based on
- A minimum of 5 approved academic courses from a government-issued Grade 12 transcript, and
- Meet the deadline requirements, and
- Enrol in a minimum of 15 credits a term.
A student will be assessed for a Superior Academic Achievement scholarship once the 5 approved academic courses used to evaluate their admission average has been calculated based on their program of study.
See Academic Calendar (pg18) for a list of approved academic courses (Non-Academic approved options are not used in admission averages for this award). Scholarships can be received and renewed up to 4 years (for a 4 year degree).
- February 1: Submit a complete Burman Admissions application and receive initial admission
- July 1: Submit the scholarship application
- July 1: Pay the Confirmation of Enrolment Deposit of $150
- Submit final high school transcripts for official evaluation
- Register for fall term enrolment for 15 credits. This scholarship is only available to fall term intakes.
- Enrol in and successfully complete a minimum 100% course load (15 Burman credits excluding PLAR and Audit credits) per term for Fall and Winter and
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA for the two terms of 3.90
- Courses completed in Spring and Summer sessions are not included in the GPA/credit load calculation.
- Receiving a full tuition scholarship replaces eligibility for all other Entrance scholarships for the year it is awarded.
- If the Superior Academic Achievement scholarship is not renewed for any subsequent year, the original Entrance scholarships awarded prior to attendance at Burman University and corresponding to the year of eligibility (Yrs 2, 3 or 4) will be applied.
- Students should apply for all Entrance Scholarships to allow for Year 2 awards in the event that the full tuition scholarship is not renewed.