COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
This webpage provides the latest information about Burman University’s actions to respond to the spread of COVID-19, also called novel coronavirus. Updates will continue to be provided on this page.
November 25, 2020 | 12:20 pm
Burman's Response to Alberta's State of Public Health Emergency
Dear Campus Family,
Yesterday the Premier declared a state of public health emergency. New mandatory measures to stop the spike in COVID-19 cases are in effect. The link to these new measures can be found here < https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx>.
I would like to commend everyone who are doing their part to keep our campus safe this semester. We have been attentive in ensuring the safety of our faculty, staff and students. Let us continue to be vigilant as we work through the next few weeks with these new mandatory measures.
We will evaluate our campus protocol by December 18, 2020. New communication will be sent out as we evaluate and determine what areas of campus will be affected.
Effective Immediately - Areas Affected by New Measures
- In-Person Social gatherings – cancelled
- All In-Person classes/events - Cancelled or moving on-line
- Acros, Choir, Orchestra, Swimming,Ubuntu,Unspoken Testimony, etc.
- Cafeteria – Take out only
- Casey’s Cabin – Closed
- PE Centre
- Gym - Closed
- Gwen Bader Fitness Centre - 25% capacity.
- Cohorts – Cancelled
- Upper Study area – Closed
- Pool - Open for lane swim but no group or general swim allowed
- Printing Services - available in Admin building basement and Student Services
- Residence Halls
- Lobbies – Closed
- Men & Women’s Mezzanine – Individual Study Space Only
- Study Areas – Closed (A205, OP and gym upper lobby)
Spiritual programming remains unchanged until further notice. Transportation services (shuttle, local trips) also remain unchanged.
Thank you again for being a part of our campus health and safety.
God Bless and stay safe.
Dr. Loren Agrey
We have archived previous Burman University COVID-19 updates. Click here to view all past COVID-19 updates.
For the latest information on Coronavirus please visit the resources listed below.